[kdepim-users] Reseting Kmail

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 27 22:23:40 GMT 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 21:03:08 phep wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm considering switching to kmail. I've had a try some times ago that
> resulted in a crash (as far as I can remember this happened when
> applying a lot of newly created filter on a fairly filled mailbox).

Some versions do seem to have a problem with processing large numbers of
messages at once.  On my Mandriva computers I take care to keep the numbers
down to less than 100 at a time.  I've just set up a CentOS box, though, and
moved close to 1000 messages at a time without any problem.

> didn't had time then to investigate further on but I'd like to have
> another try soon. Before that I'd like to clean everything up in kmail.
> Would somebody be kind enough to tell me which repertories I should
> delete (I mean I don't want to wipe out all of my .kde ;-) Didn't find
> this in the FAQ. Oh, btw, I'm running 3.5.8 !

Take a look at ~/.kde/share/apps and ~/.kde/share/config.

Anne