[kdepim-users] (a) Embedding BasKet into Kontact (b) Feature request

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 09:37:14 GMT 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 15:37, Homo ludens wrote:
> (b) where can i place feature requests for kontact?

bugs.kde.org, tpe "wishlist", for the kontact application.

> it's really only a minor thing, but could be very useful for
> japanese/chinese users. i'd like to see 3 fields added to the address book,
> to accommodate the readings (pronunciation) of 1. last name; 2. first name;
> and 3. company. (it's not always clear in japanese how a certain name is
> pronounced, so japanese address book programs usually have extra fields for
> the reading).

Hmm. That strikes me as clutter if you're not that kind of user; I wonder how
that could be effectively integrated without getting in the way of plain old
ISO Latin 1 users.

> these three boxes have equivalent fields on the japanese palmos, so if
> kpilot could accommodate this too, that would be even better (currently, it
> seems that kpilot treats these fields as one (for example "last name" +
> "last name: pronunciation"), which looks a bit confusing under kontact, and
> is even more inconvenient when you want to upload addresses to the palm,
> since you will have to edit them on the palm.

I've never heard of those fields, so you'd have to provide some database dumps
to get anything started.

[ade]