[kdepim-users] Mail Oops

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jan 26 15:24:05 GMT 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Due to a procmail problem I have lost many messages - or at least
> they have not been delivered to my kmail folders.  They are in an
> mbox file, which I can read with kwrite.  Is there anyway of getting
> those messages delivered? Alternatively, if I create a new folder in
> mbox format, if indeed I can do that, can the file be moved into it
> and thus readable?

You have several options:

a) Create a new receiving account of type "Local mailbox" and enter the
name of the mbox file (or better a copy of the mbox file) under File
location. Then check for mail in this new account. Note that the mbox
file will be empty after KMail has read all messages from it.

b) Copy the mbox file to ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/. On the next
start KMail will automatically create a folder from the mbox file.

c) Import the mbox file (via File->Import Messages).

I would use option a).

In any case, please make a backup of the mbox file.