[kdepim-users] SURVEY: PDA with Embedded Linux?

Graham Cobb g+kdepim at cobb.uk.net
Sun Feb 3 00:41:44 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 02:19:54 Homo ludens wrote:
> Is anybody on this list using a handheld device / PDA running an Embedded
> Linux-based system such as Qtopia or OPIE?
>
> If so:
>
> (a) What kind of heldheld are you using?

Nokia Internet Tablet, running Maemo and the GPE suite.

> (b) Is it synchronizing with Kontact? How well, and using what kind of sync
> application?

Well enough, using Opensync.  There are some problems but I have sync between
GPE, Kontact, local files and one-way from Microsoft Exchange (but not back
to Exchange) working.  Sync runs automatically every night.

Opensync is currently under development and recently was pretty much
completely redesigned.  I am still testing the new version.

The biggest problem is that if I allow Opensync and Kontact to run at the same
time (which I do, by removing the check from the Opensync plug-in), Kontact
sometimes crashes.

Graham