[kdepim-users] New message script for KMail

Holger Hellmuth hellmuth at ira.uka.de
Tue Feb 26 16:04:26 GMT 2008

Lindsay Mathieson schrieb:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 23:30:04 Holger Hellmuth wrote:
>> John Kennedy schrieb:
>>> For scripting purposes, what is the best way to see if an email has been
>>> read?
>> Just create a filter for all incoming mail to get piped through your
>> script. Don't forget to print out the mail again to STDOUT after processing
>> it.
>
> That won't tell him if the email has been read.

No, but he wants to be alerted about new messages arriving, if I understand him correctly.
  Which I probably don't because there is even a hard to overlook configuration option to
start programs when an email arrives.

If he needs to "hear" those new emails together at a later time (the only other
interpretation I can think of), it still is better to use the configuration option or a
filter: Collect the email subjects in a file in the home dir and then later access this
file instead of scouring the messages itself.

Holger.