[kdepim-users] Egroupware syncying with Kontact calendar and addressbook

Walter Sams walter at samsco.biz
Tue Feb 5 03:46:37 GMT 2008

I am needing some help with getting Kontact to sync correctly with our
Egroupware server.

Is this a good forum for this subject?  if not can you suggest one?

if so

I have Mandriva 2008 clients running KDE 3.5.7 , kontact 1.2.5, kmail 1.9.7

We set up egroupware on a redhat enterprise server

If I use just the web interface the calendar and addressbook work fine from
any computer
If I use Kontact and do not try and sync with egroupware all features of
Kontact on both clients works fine

when I sync the calendar between kontact (korganiser)  and  egroupware I find
that events entered through the client running kdecalendar will get entered
in egroupware but will not show up on the  client calendar.  Also the entries
that are entered in to egroupware are not visible on other clients .
we are using xmlrpc.

If I enter the events through the web interface all clients can see them

so the problem seems to be that the mechanism that kontact uses to enter
calendar events, and, addressbook items  is not working with egroupware in my
setup.

In groupware I have 3 users and one group setup and I want to have 2 of the
users utilizing kontact , the third user always comes in remotely with the
web interface.  I want all users to use the group calendar and addressbook so
that the office maintains a common calendar and addressbook.

Has anyone been successful in getting the Mandriva/Kontact/Egroupware
combination to sync?

I would appreciate any help you can offer

Thank you
Walter Sams

--
Walter Sams