[kdepim-users] New message script for KMail

John Kennedy skebi69 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 10:43:40 GMT 2008

Hello all,
I want to write a script that will scour my kmail folders for new messages and
read out the Subject: header using festival (Festival will read out "Folder
<Inbox> has new message <Subject>"). This way I can hear about new email when
I am away from my computer while working from home.
I have found where kmail stores the messages but have yet to find out how new
messages are listed. I have looked at the Status: and X-Status: headers and
see no difference between a read and unread message. I also noticed that
after a while there is a bit appended to the file name of each message but
that appears not to happen for some time after the message is read.
For scripting purposes, what is the best way to see if an email has been read?
Thanks,
John

--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail are mine alone and are not endorsed by
(or agreed by) my employer, who ever that may be at the time...