[kdepim-users] KPilot, KMail/Kontact and multiple e-mail accounts

Martin Ultima multima at ultimapcs.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 23 23:11:29 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm having a problem syncing my Palm m125 with my e-mail in Kontact.  The
handheld has the Palm Mail software installed (from the "Bonus CD", since
it's not built-in on my model) and syncs just fine, except for two problems:

1) It doesn't seem to sync messages from my inbox to the handheld, and

2) I have two e-mail accounts defined, 'ultimapcs' (for this address) and
another one for my Gmail account.  I set them up as separate KMail
identities, and each has the 'Special Transport' option enabled, so it only
sends through its respective SMTP server.
	The Gmail has been my default, however I recently changed it to 'ultimapcs'
(a private server currently living in my bedroom closet).  I changed both the
default identity and the default SMTP server in my KMail configuration, as
well as the KPilot mail conduit preferences, however it still delivers e-mail
from my Gmail account, not 'ultimapcs', when I sync from the Palm.

Besides this, everything works fine:  The Palm syncs nicely with Linux, it's
worked otherwise error-free since I switched four years ago, and mail works
correctly from my desktop machine.

Handheld is Palm OS 4.0, with Palm Mail 3.5.

Desktop is KDE 3.5.8 with Kontact 1.2.5, KPilot 4.9.2-358, KMail 1.9.7.
Pilot-link is 0.12.2 (maybe I just need to upgrade?)

This isn't an absolutely critical bug, since I don't use the handheld that
often, but I am kind of curious why it's not working... Google hasn't
revealed much about the problem, and I've been known to lose sleep over
relatively silly things like this even though I should really know better...

--
Martin Ultima, The Ultima Linux Project
http://www.ultimalinux.com