[kdepim-users] Strange data loss in Kmail

Gölöncsér Attila attila.goloncser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:36:11 GMT 2008

Hi

Thanks guys, this will be very helpful, at the weekend I will try it.
And what about the KDE 'crash window' ? It has also a backtrace
function, but the most of the lines are: (no debugging symbols found).
As I mentioned, I compiled it with the debug flag wich should mean,
that it has some debugging functions. I remember that I turned off
ages ago in the kcontrol some debugging functions ('debugging at
startup' or similar). Can this made the no debugging symbols...
message?

An strace question. Is it okay:

$ strace kmail 1&2>kmaildebug.txt

Do I need both stderr and stdin?

Bye

Attila

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Gölöncsér Attila wrote:
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > Please let me know how to make a usable bug report, because I think I
>  > can easily reproduce it. Ive compiled kmail with the debug flag under
>  > gentoo, but the kdes crash backtrace says nothing about it. Would be
>  > an strace output enough?
>
>  Try running kmail in gdb as follows:
>
>  1.) Run 'gdb kmail' in Konsole.
>  2.) On the gdb prompt enter 'run --nofork'.
>  3.) Make kmail crash.
>  4.) On the gdb prompt enter 'bt' to get the backtrace.
>

>  Regards,
>  Ingo

Attila GÖLÖNCSÉR
attila.goloncser at gmail.com