[kdepim-users] kpilot and palm lifedrive

jhess at thehess.org jhess at thehess.org
Sat Dec 6 21:21:04 GMT 2008

I have been beating my head for weeks trying to get my Palm Lifedrive
synced to my Mandriva Linux 2009 desktop.

I have installed pilot-link and kpilot. however, because of the way the
lifedrive works linux sees it when you plug in the USB cable and then when
you hit the hotsync button it disconnects briefly and then loses it again.

so you hotsync over the wifi network.

I have that set, I am definitely making a connection with the desktop.

HOWEVER only if i tell pilot-xfer to listen on all ports

CLI: pilot-xfer -p net:any -l while logged in as root

THEN I hit hotsync on the LD and all the files fly by on the screen of the
pc and in 2 seconds the palm starts "cleaning up"

but NOTHING is synced.

I BELIEVE that 2 things are stopping me, but i dont know how to resolve it:

1) there is NO reference in /DEV/ no ttyUSBx, no ttyS12 nothing that
matched, I think THATS because its coming in through the network. But in
KPILOT there is a DEFINITE setting that wants to be set for the location
of that device

2) i think i can probably do WITHOUT kpilot if I could just get the CLI
command down pat.

last night I tried : pilot-xfer -p net:any -sync
/mindwave/.kde4/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics

and saw files moving on the [alm for the very 1st time!, but nothing on
the desktop was synced.

I have also told kpilot that the device is net:any and net:

in both cases kpilot immediately locks up, then when i go to sync i get
connected to the desktop, but NOTHING happens until i kill the
kpilotdaemon

please anyone....