[kdepim-users] viewing html messages

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Dec 18 16:34:59 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 5:08:45 am Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu December 18 2008, Werner Joss wrote:
> > > While we're on the subject of html mail, yesterday I forwarded an html
> > > message to my husband's account.  When he got it, he could see only
> > > part of the display - the graphic was not included.  I presume the
> > > reason is that my kmail is not set to send html mail, so the forwarded
> > > message was not recognised as such.
> >
> > did you forward inline, or as attachment (that should do the trick, I
> > suppose) ?
>
> I had to change my account to forward inline. My ISP was blocking emails
> with a .eml attachment, saying there is a virus that propagates in .eml
> messages...

I filter all html messages too trash anyway if I get them in the first place
as I have found that no intelligent beings use html!  :)  A lot of ISPs will
strip attachments that they have no tool to virus check as a suspected virus
and rightly so.  An ISP really HATES being pegged as a virus spreader by
their peers, it shows a real lack in professionalism.  Mine pipes it through
an outside service which inturn increased my rates to cover the cost so again
an innocent is a victim.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org