[kdepim-users] palm lifedrive HELP!

Hess, Jerome L. Jerome.Hess at orlandohealth.com
Fri Dec 5 16:48:12 GMT 2008

Team,

I am REALLY hoping that someone on your team can help, I know I'm close to an answer, but after 3 weeks of searching the web and reading docs, posts, mans, faqs and ho-to's I'm still unable to sync.

1)       I am running Mandriva 2009 KDE4.1 and a Palm Lifedrive on an AMD Duo Core 5GHZ PC with SATA and PATA Hd's
2)       I understand that the LD has an issue that does NOT allow it to be synced with Linux via the USB and therefore WIFI must be used
3)       I have pilot-link and kpilot installed, both the most current stable versions (pilot-link 0.12.3)
4)       I found a line of code in my searching that suggested pilot-xfer -p net:any -l could be used to test the wifi connection
a.       That works flawlessly, when I press hotsync on the lifedrive it connects with the  CLI and lists everything that's on the palm
b.       But I cant get anything to sync, in either direction
5)       When setting up kpilot I set each of the conduits to /home/.kde4/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
6)       When setting up DEVICE, the typical is /dev/pilot but that yields no results
a.       Unfortunately using net:  or net:any freezes kpilot
b.       HOWEVER, either of those 2 settings DO seem to allow the LD to at least CONTACT the pc, as it connects and flips to "synchonising" but then stops there, until the kpilotdaemon is stopped or INT

I have a REAL string feeling that it has something to do with the DEVICE setting in KPILOT and/or the lack of a port in the CLI.

Please, any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thanks

Jerome

This e-mail message and any attached files are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, use, or distribution of this e-mail message and any attached files is strictly prohibited.

This communication may contain material protected by Federal privacy regulations, attorney-client work product, or other privileges. If you have received this confidential communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail message and permanently delete the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to: postmaster at orlandohealth.com .

If this e-mail message concerns a contract matter, be advised that no employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Orlando Health by e-mail without express written confirmation by an officer of the corporation. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Orlando Health.