[kdepim-users] Any Advice on changing from POP to IMAP ?

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Fri Dec 12 20:05:34 GMT 2008

Olá Robert e a todos.

On Friday 12 December 2008 19:36:04 Robert Smits wrote:
> I'm using KDE PIM Kontact with Kamail on an opensuse 11 64 bit KDE3 system.
>
> I've been using POP/SMTP on my Kmail program for years, but my ISP is now
> offering IMAP. Since I'm using three different computers to get my mail, I'm
> thinking this might be a good idea.
>
> Any comments on the pros and cons of switching from POP/SMTP to IMAP?

AFAIK there is no direct way to change it.
You also will still  have to use SMTP to send emails.

The way I see you can do it, is create a new IMAP (or even better dIMAP, imap offline) account, and then re-upload the mail that you need to share.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net

Merry xtmas and Happy New Year