[kdepim-users] Editing a recurring appointment

Ákos Szederjei akos at szederjei.com
Fri Dec 12 16:39:21 GMT 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 16:35:46 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2008 15:27:50 Ákos Szederjei wrote:
> > On Friday 12 December 2008 16:07:06 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I have a weekly appointment, for which the time will change in the New
> > > Year. I can't find any way to change forward times only, leaving
> > > previous ones unchanged.  If this is true I would call it a bug, and
> > > report it. Am I missing something?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Hello Anne!
> >
> > You could end the weekly appointment at 31st of December and begin a new
> > one at the 1st of January. I am not sure this is a bug.
>
> Yes, I had realised that there was that option as a workaround.  While this
> is not vital in this case, I do believe that it really is a bug.  I can
> imagine circumstances where it would be essential for the appointments to
> be clearly part of a set - think of a business scenario :-)
>
> FWIW, many years ago I was doing this in Lotus Organizer - where it gave
> all edits the option of affecting all, affecting only those prior to and
> including the one being edited, or affecting the current one and future
> ones.
>
> Whether you call it a bug or a wish, this is a real enhancement of
> functionality.  If no-one knows how it can be done with the current
> versions, I'll file it as a wish.
>
> Thanks for answering :-)
>
> Anne

I understand  what you would like to have, but I see difficulties with the
implementation (but I am no programer and everything is possible...).
Such an event you described will wreak havoc during syncronisation with other
devices. Usually, this kind of event is not used.

But yes, it would be nice.

Ákos