[kdepim-users] kmail 1.10.92 sound notifications work sometimes?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:49:09 GMT 2008

Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Monday 15 December 2008, Neal Becker wrote:
>> I was so pleased to find that sound notifications were working after
>> updating to kmail-1.10.92.
>>
>> Strangely, though, it seems to be intermittant.  It was working
>> yesterday, but not today.
>>
>> I checked with amarok, that my sound is still working (pulseaudio
>> problems are common)
>>
>> Oh, this is fedora F10.
>
> Does sound work if you test it in the notification configuration dialog?

Not at that time.  I've seen audio problems intermittently, but it always seemed that if amarok worked then everything was OK.  Seems not this time.

I'm confused about  system settings/multimedia.  Choices are:

PulseAudio
HDA Intel
Jack
PulseAudio Sound Server
ESD

Defaults puts HDA Intel on top.

I'm going to experiment with PulseAudio on top.  What is recommended?