[kdepim-users] Kmail strange behaviour

Arnaud Mombrial arnaud.mombrial at free.fr
Wed Dec 24 11:13:10 GMT 2008

Hi kdepim mailing list !

I'm experiencing some really anoying pb with kmail since 1 or 2 weeks.

It begins like this :

The connexion to mail server seems to fail | do nothing : When I check the
status widget button on the right bottom of my window, the connexion is at 0%
and nothing happens.

Mails are received on this account, as I can check some new mail through the
webmail.

The I choose to troubleshoot IMAP cache which ends with success status.

Next and real problems begins :

All mails in the inbox folder are deleted one by one :/
After that they are again downloaded to my mail client, one by one...
In the end numerous mail are duplicated.

It takes a really long time since I've got something more than 8 thousand mail
in my inbox (not good I know), but an entreprise class Mail Client like kMail
should be able to manage so much mail.

It's really annoying since I've tried numerous mail client (Evolution,
Thunderbird, Claws-mail, and so on) but I really don't wanna use another one.

U know why :
kMail rocks, the K Environnement rocks too :
 * Professionnal
 * Usable
 * Calendar - Notes - RSS  - Address book integration - Spam aware.
 * Intelligent Message status (read / unread / todo assignation ...)

Regards.

Technical information :

Client Side :

OS : Fedora Core 10