[kdepim-users] viewing html messages

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:30:40 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 12:08:37 Kishore wrote:
> On Thursday 18 Dec 2008 5:28:24 pm Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > Is there a default somewhere to view html messages? Especially for
> > messages that are forwarded, that include html messages. I get lots of
> > those, from "friends".. then I have to go dig down in the message
> > structure viewer, find the line that says html, and click on it, to
> > actually SEE the message.. for instance, my airline always sends me the
> > flight info with bar code, in an html message, but I have to click a few
> > times to actually SEE and print the bar code..
>
> Settings->configure kmail->security->Reading->"Prefer HTML to plain text"

While we're on the subject of html mail, yesterday I forwarded an html message
to my husband's account.  When he got it, he could see only part of the
display - the graphic was not included.  I presume the reason is that my kmail
is not set to send html mail, so the forwarded message was not recognised as
such.  He never got the "If you trust the sender of this message then you can
load the external references for this message by clicking here."  Is there any
way round this for single messages?  I certainly don't want to default to
html.

Anne