[kdepim-users] Moving data from KDEPIM 3 to KDEPIM 4

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Tue Aug 19 00:37:39 BST 2008

Olá Dotan e a todos.

On Saturday 16 August 2008 11:50:26 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I will begin testing KDEPIM's KDE 4 port before moving my data there.
> To do that, which method would be preferable for moving my data:
> 1) Copying ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf and
> As for the configuration and preferences, I would rather reconfigure
> them from scratch than try to import them from KDE 3 as I would like
> to familiarize myself with KDE 4's KDEPIM.

From my experience on Ubuntu Intrepid there are now two copies on system of all the setting files, and even email cache.
It seems that at same point everything changed, so i started my upgrade on the worst possible time, 'cause i started when the setting were saved on .kde4, and a week latter they started to be saved on .kde again.
I'm even afraid to delete any of it. grrr hope u have better luck
--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net