[kdepim-users] Sign to specific addresses

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 2 19:11:23 BST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Friday 01 August 2008 11:05:08 pm Robert Zwerus wrote:
> > On Saturday 02 August 2008, Bruno Miguel wrote:
> > > I've been digging through KMail settings and I can't find a way
> > > to sign emails sent to specific addresses. Did I miss some
> > > setting or option, or it's just not yet possible with Kmail -
> > > and, If so, will it be added in the future?
> >
> > If they are in your addressbook, you can set this preference there
> > (Edit contact -> Crypto settings -> Message Preference).
>
> This seems to work only if you do a new message rather than just
> reply and is not signature but the KGpg signing like on this message,
> right?

They are both signatures. One is an electronic signature and the other
would better be called footer. I never understood why the footer is
called signature. After all, it has nothing in common with the
signature you sign paper letters with.

> So, it is a Addressbook function rather than a Kmail one.
> I'd like different signatures depending on the address being sent to.

You can have different footers for different identities, but currently
there's no way to assign certain identities to certain addressees.