[kdepim-users] KMail multiple identities problem

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Aug 17 08:46:57 BST 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008, Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> On Saturday 16 August 2008 18:32:40 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > FWIW, Kārlis is using KMail 1.9.9 (i.e. KDE 3.5.9).
> > If necessary then you can specify a special transport (i.e. a
> > special sending account) for certain identities (on the Advanced
> > tab of the identity configuration dialog).
>
> Thank you, that was simple :)
> Just functions of special transport were not clear for me by name.
> Why isn't it called "sending account"?

That's a good question. :-) I think it might be called transport for
historical reasons.

> And one more question about this: is it possible to make identity
> preselected depending on where replied message is?

Kishore already answered this question. Additionally to this, KMail
automatically tries to guess the correct identity to use for a reply by
comparing the email address(es) the original message was sent to with
the email addresses defined in your identities.