[kdepim-users] akonadi resource

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Aug 11 10:38:45 BST 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008, Peter Lokus wrote:
> On Monday 04 August 2008 10:46:43 Peter Lokus wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I migrate to kde4 in version 4.1 finally.
> > Now my contacts I'm trying to put in use with akonadi the first
> > time. akonadiserver is up and running. akonadiconsole is available
> > also. However I can not add a resource to akonadi.
> > Pressed the add button within the resource menu (I'm talking about
> > akonadiconsole) I only get an empty window that in my opinion
> > should list some selectable resources. Documentation about akonadi
> > did not the trick.
> >
> > Do someone have experience with akonadi on this list already?
>
> No one knows? My bug report is also unconfirmed :-( So I have to
> switch back to kontact kde3.5.9 and I hope that this issue will be
> fixed in kde4.2.

Why are you trying to use Akonadi? Akonadi is currently used only by one
application, mailody, and mailody is using is only for email AFAIK. All
of the KDE PIM applications are still using the same infrastructure as
in KDE 3.

Porting the KDE PIM applications to Akonadi will start now. The port
will probably not be completed before KDE 4.3, but Akonadi will be used
in KDE 4.2.

At the moment the developer's list kde-pim at kde.org is better suited for
questions regarding akonadi.