[kdepim-users] KMail multiple identities problem

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 16:32:40 BST 2008

FWIW, Kārlis is using KMail 1.9.9 (i.e. KDE 3.5.9).

On Saturday 16 August 2008, Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to point your attention to one KMail's problem: when I
> use an identity and send composed mail by "Ctrl+Enter", it is sent
> through default mail address always!!

What exactly do you mean by "is sent through default mail address"? Do
you probably mean "is sent through default sending account" (as specified
in the configuration dialog under Accounts/Sending)?

> I'd say, it is a real bug. Have I missed something in configuration
> menus? How can that behavior be changed?

If necessary then you can specify a special transport (i.e. a special
sending account) for certain identities (on the Advanced tab of the
identity configuration dialog). If no special transport is specified then
the default sending account is used.