[kdepim-users] Start/Stop kontact trough scripts in E16

Jean-Phi joaophilippe.mb.monteiro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:40:35 BST 2008

Hi List,

I've got the most basic request for you today:

-Everyone knows how to start kontact on the cli: just type in 'kontact' & you
go. So here, with Enlightenment DR16 WM, I have a little
/usr/bin/kontact --module kmailplugin
script linked in my "start" folder. So far so good, kontact gets started.

Now, with E, I need to... stop it, safely upon logout, from a "Stop" script.
(Yes, this is specific to E16, not even mandatory but safer).

??? I repeat: Safely. Since the only way I know is "killall" I bet that
command wouldn't do :)

Jean-Philippe

--

Cheers... From Cambodia!

C-3PO:
	I do believe they think I am some kind of god.
Han Solo:
	Well, why don't you use your divine influence and
	get us out of this?
C-3PO:
	I beg your pardon General Solo, but that just
	wouldn't be proper.
Han Solo:
	Proper???
C-3PO:
	It's against my programming to impersonate a deity.

--Fedora 7 / Enlightenment DR16--