[kdepim-users] Kontact & Logs

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Apr 3 20:46:48 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 April 2008, Arnaud Mombrial | faberNovel wrote:
> Le Thursday 03 April 2008 01:10:47 (``-_-´´) -- Fernando, vous avez
écrit :
> > On Monday 31 March 2008 13:15:58 Arnaud Mombrial | faberNovel wrote:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I'm just experiencing pb with a disconnected IMAP account.
> > >
> > > Receiving email from a specific folder is blocked at 20%.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to gather some logs ? If Yes, were those logs
> > > could be located ? Is it possible to improve verbosity ?
> > >
> > > Regards.
> >
> > Try killing all KIO locks.
> > There have been records on this ML that some times/versions kmail
> > locks up: #pkill kio
> >
> > good luck
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> This pb was not related to KDE-PIM but was due to an error on the
> IMAP Server.
>
> Anyway, this has been solved.
>
> So nothing about Kontact logs ?

No. Kontact does not really log anything unless you use a debug build.
You can try running 'kdebugdialog --fullmode' and then look for example
for the IMAP kioslave (7116 kio_imap). Unfortunately, the very
convenient quick search is only available in the simple mode of
kdebugdialog that you get when you start it without '--fullmode'. So to
find the relevant debug areas use 'kdebugdialog' and then
use 'kdebugdialog --fullmode' to set up logging to a file or syslog or
whatever.