[kdepim-users] Spamassassin w/Kmail

Daniel Vérité daniel.verite at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 10:18:58 BST 2008

	 ka1ifq writes

> I am looking to find where the config files for Spamassin are, trying
> catch some pesky junk emails that slide thru.
>
> I did find  /home/ka1ifq/.spamassassin/user_prefs but there is not
much info.

Yet it's the right place to customize for your unix user, site-wide
customization being generally located in /etc/spamassassin and the
default shipped configuration being in /usr/share/spamassassin, unless
your distro decided otherwise.

Initially user_prefs is almost empty, it's up to you to add scores and
rules that will override the defaults.

perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf gives a description of what can be
tweaked.

 Daniel
 PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage:
http://www.manitou-mail.org