[kdepim-users] Spell Check

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:46:15 BST 2008

On Tuesday 01 April 2008 23:06, Ken O'Malley wrote:

> Ken, it sounds as though you are doing this the hard way :-)  As Caleb
> suggested, the good way is to use the software installer provided with your
> system.  Unfortunately I can't access mine just at the moment, and I have
> not been using it lately, so I'm not familiar enough with it to give
> detailed instructions.  Somewhere on one of the tabs is an icon that opens
> synaptic, the software installer.  There you should be able to see either
> ispell or aspell.  I use Internation ispell on all my systems, but either
> can work with your installed packages.  Take a browse around and see if you
> can do it this way.

Ken, the Install and Remove Software button is what you need.  However, the
repository set up as default has a very limited number of packages.  It may
be that you need to define extra repositories.

I messed up my EeePC to the point where it was sensible to wipe everything and
raw state.  I'll report back to you whether I needed to do that, or any other
steps to get this working.  It might be evening, though.

Anne