[kdepim-users] Network Operations Window

Vitor M. Pereira vmpereir at fc.up.pt
Thu Apr 3 15:27:55 BST 2008

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Everytime I start kmail I see
the "Network Operations" window, which tells me it is
trying to access my imap servers. For 2 of them this is so
fast that I almost never see the window. But for another
IMAP server the window stays there forever
saying "connecting to imap.etc.etc...".

This started happening immediately after I upgraded kdepim
to 3.5.9, and occurs in my Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 systems.

What's strange is that the window and the message stay there
indefinitely until I hit cancel. But, no matter the moment
I cancel, this seems to have no effect on kmail's network
activity retrieving/uploading mail from that server, which
acts normally.

Has anyone seen this? What could it be? Something specific
to this particular server?

Thanks.