[kdepim-users] default local folder format

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:42:49 BST 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 12:29:57 Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2008, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > So when I then copy a folder tree from imap to the local folders,
> > kmail would create mbox folders.
>
> I'm not completely sure but I think IMAP uses maildir directories so
> whenever you copy a folder to your local structure you are copying in
> maildir format. A workaround might be creating a folder manually and
> copying all the messages later on

IMAP uses mbox or maildir, depending on which imap server is used and how it's
configured.  KMail's local folders, however, would depend on the way kmail is
configured.  If Sebastian is simply wanting to copy folders across from
within kmail he can't change the Inbox type, as far as I know, but he can set
whether he wants maildir or mbox for other folders within Configure KMail >
Misc.

Anne