[kdepim-usability] untrusted pubkeys

Jan Muehlig jan.muehlig at relevantive.de
Tue Sep 28 10:30:14 CEST 2004

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Monday 27 September 2004 17:30, Jan Muehlig wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>working on a redesign of the encryption and signature behavior in
>>KMail, I experienced a strange or rather unexpected thing in KMail.
>

> Would you mind briefly describing what you have in mind?
Just working out how KMail should behave in order for users to easily
use and appreciate encryption/signatures without security risks. Give me
another week and I will show you our suggestions.

> So the answer to your question depends on what you've meant my "trust".
> Since you talk about setting a key to trusted it seems you meant "owner
> trust". In this case the answer is "No" (see a)).
The reason for my question was: why can't i encrypt a mail to someone
whose pubkey i obey/received? (At least this is my conclusion from the
actual behavior of KMail 1.7). I assume therefore that you have to trust
a key before you can use it (--edit-key trust). Is this true?

Tx,
Jan