[Akonadi] [Bug 452588] New: Adding a iCal file as resource ends up in a duplicated entry in KOrganizer, Zanshin and Akonadi Console
bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Wed Apr 13 19:04:18 BST 2022
Bug ID: 452588
Summary: Adding a iCal file as resource ends up in a duplicated
entry in KOrganizer, Zanshin and Akonadi Console
Component: ICal file resource
Assignee: kdepim-bugs at kde.org
Reporter: matija at suklje.name
Target Milestone: ---
On a fresh new user I added (an existing) todo.ics as an a iCal file resource
and after doing so, in Zanshin, KOrganizer and Akonadi Console I see the
resource duplicated – once with its proper name (e.g. `ToDo`) and once with its
internal name (e.g. `akonadi_ical_resource_3`). Only one of the two includes
any events though.
Potentially related: MySQL also spent 100% CPU for a long long time (see
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. have an existing iCal file with todos on hand
2. add that file as iCal File Resource – does not matter whether through
Zanshin or KOrganizer
- the todo list shows as an appropriately named (e.g. `ToDo`) and working
resource in Zanshin, KOrganizer, Akonadi Console
- but it _also_ shows as a wrongly named (e.g. `akonadi_ical_resource_3`) and
empty resource in Zanshin, Korganizer, Akonadi Console
- during this process I noticed Akonadi being unavailable for quite some time
and also MySQL using up 100% CPU for a long long time (see below) before
Akonadi started working again – perhaps related:
See only the properly named resource.
Linux/KDE Plasma: yes
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
I’m attaching a fuller log of how it happened this time (IRC log from
I’m having issues with Akonadi again.
In order to more properly fix some mess-up, I decided this time to create a new
user and start from scratch. This will be a bit (but not super) long, I
apologise in advance.
1) I renamed the old user to `backup_hook` (with `usermod --login`) and also
its home to `/home/backup_hook`.
Previously the above user was `hook` and its home appropriately `/home/hook`.
2) I created a new user `hook` with a fresh, empty `/home/hook`.
3) I logged into Plasma as this new `hook`, with a fresh new Plasma set of
4) I stared KMail and entered the credentials to my default e-mail account
(quite a few e-mails there) through IMAP, I let them all download.
5) I started KOrganizer and entered my Nextcloud servers’s credentials
--- so far so good ---
6) I started Zanshin and added my todo.ics
--- for some reason, none of the todos seem to have showed up – and there’s _a
lot_ of them ---
7) While the things were syncing, I started moving some folders from
/home/backup_hook to /home/hook – documents, etc., (no settings).
--- at this point my laptop froze and after 15' I hard-rebooted it ---
8) When I logged into Plasma again, I got greeted by Zanshin not working and
Akonadi claiming it’s not registered at D-Bus and agents are missing
9) just as I was writing point 8) the Akonadi Migrator popped up and things
started working again. Oddly enough I can see my todo.ics twice in Zanshin and
twice in Akonadi Console – as “Todo” and as “akonadi_agent_ical_2” (or
something like that)
10) Once the Akonadi Migrator was done, I restarted the Akonadi server.
--- now it does *not* work again ---
--- but I have mysqld hammering my CPU ---
At point 8) this is the report I got:
(for a later report, I’m still waiting for the button in Akonadi Console or
Zanshin to actually pop up something)
--- now MySQL stopped churning and Akonadi works again ---
11) KMail seems to work OK, but both Korganizer and Zanshin show empty – no
entries, even no resources listed at all. Which is doubly-odd because the
resources are clearly listed in their respective settings dialogues as well as
in Akonadi Console.
--- …and MySQL is churning 100% CPU again. ---
12) After MySQL stopped eating all the CPU, I can see some resources and
entries in KOrganizer and Zanshin again – oddly enough, the todo.ics _again_
shows twice: as ”TODO” and as “akonadi_ical_resource_2”
--- next day ---
Hm, I don’t like this one bit …I just noticed that after all that MySQL
churning, the vast majority of the messages in KMail show as empty. Especially
anything older than 8 months.
…what I like _even less_ is that this seems to have now replicated to the
server-side as well. so even in RoundCube I see those messages empty. This is
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Kdepim-bugs