[kmail2] [Bug 441136] encoding changes when replying, displaying wrong special character (in french)

Peer Frank bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Fri Aug 20 08:45:51 BST 2021


--- Comment #1 from Peer Frank <peer.frank at web.de> ---
new details:
I wrote a test mail to myself using é è ê û ô à ...
in the reply these special french character are perfectly quoted.

The problematic messages come from gmail accounts (message OK, but french
character lost in the reply). They have a heavy header and I just compared the
charset lines which are slightly different: 

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

No idea if this is the explication.

Also setting encoding to UTF-8 manually (Options/Encoding/Unicode/UTF-8) does
not fix the reply.
And there are no french character problems in the reply with non-gmail

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

More information about the Kdepim-bugs mailing list