[Bug 257364] New: Selecting text with shift + arrow has a confusing display result in Composer
sabine at kdab.net
Fri Nov 19 22:59:23 CET 2010
Summary: Selecting text with shift + arrow has a confusing
display result in Composer
Product: KMail Mobile
Platform: Unlisted Binaries
AssignedTo: kdepim-bugs at kde.org
ReportedBy: sabine at kdab.net
It is not easy for the user to realize that selecting text in the Composer text
editor using shift + arrow works because she expects the selected letters to be
highlighted. Atm it does not work that way.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch Kmail-mobile
- Click on 'Write new Email'
- Enter a sentence in the Composer text editor (ex: Testing selecting text)
- Position the cursor at the beginning of the sentence
- Hold shift and press the right arrow key once
- Only the first letter of the sentence is displayed (ex:'T') which is
confusing because the user does not know what it means
- Hold shift and press the right arrow key several times until an entire word
reappears (ex: Testing)
- Hold Ctrl and press C to copy the selected word
- Tap once in the Composer text editor to make the text reappear and remove the
- Hold Ctrl and press V to paste the previously selected word
It works the choosen word is pasted correctly.
However, it is confusing for the user that a selection is displayed in such an
It would be a lot more user friendly to just highlight the letters or words
that the user selects instead.
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Kdepim-bugs