[Bug 235528] New: Kmail: Problem to access mails in a subfolder when the parent folder is renamed with accentuated caracters
nlecureuil at mandriva.com
Tue Apr 27 10:07:36 CEST 2010
Summary: Kmail: Problem to access mails in a subfolder when the
parent folder is renamed with accentuated caracters
Platform: Mandriva RPMs
AssignedTo: kdepim-bugs at kde.org
ReportedBy: nlecureuil at mandriva.com
Version: (using KDE 4.4.2)
Installed from: Mandriva RPMs
1. When you rename a folder in kmail with accentuated caracters (like à, é, è,
...) you have problem to move or to access mails in subfolders
2. The only work around I found is to quit (kontact)kmail after the renaming
and reaccess kmail
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create new user
2. Login with the new user
5. Create a new folder (name: 'Folder') in Local Folders
6. Create a sub-folder in 'Folder' (name: 'Subfolder')
7. Right click on 'Folder'
9. Modify name: 'Folder' ==> 'Folder à' (so with the accentuated caracter à)
10. Click the OK button
11. Click on 'Subfolder'
==> no problem
12. Take the welcome mail from Mandriva and move it (with mouse) to 'Folder à'
13 Click the OK button ==> Kontact is closed
14. Reopen Kontact
15. Return to Mail
16. Take the welcome mail from Mandriva and move it (with mouse) to 'Folder à'
17. Rename 'Folder à' to 'Folder' (with properties)
18. Click on Subfolder
19. Rename 'Folder' to 'Folder à' (so with the accentuated caracter à)
Work around :
If you want to see mails in subfolder you must quit kontact and reopen it (the
renaming is done)
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Kdepim-bugs