[Bug 167068] New: support for Mail-Followup-To and Mail-Reply-To headers
Martin at Lichtvoll.de
Sun Jul 20 11:15:16 CEST 2008
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: support for Mail-Followup-To and Mail-Reply-To headers
Platform: Debian testing
AssignedTo: kdepim-bugs kde org
ReportedBy: Martin Lichtvoll de
Version: 1.9.9 (using KDE 3.5.9)
Installed from: Debian testing/unstable Packages
On a discussion about using a Reply-To to the poster on a list I came to the conclusion that one use of this would be to get a Cc. But then it appears to be better to use a Mail-Followup-To header.
However I did not find a way to try this out with KMail cause KMail doesn't appear to allow me to actually set that header - or any custom header at all.
There are several related bug reports:
- Improve Reply-To Mailinglist (bug #71307), especially the comment from Ingo Klöcker https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71307#c7
And loosely related:
- Custom headers per message: bug #59478
- Custom headers per identity: bug #25315
- Costum headers per template: bug #148407
- Use custom headers from command line (bug #89882)
But I think Mail-Followup-To and Mail-Reply-To should get special support. KMail should allow me to set those headers easily. And it should respect Mail-Followup-To when replying to mailinglist and Mail-Reply-To when replying to regularily (reply to poster).
More information about the Kdepim-bugs