On joining (or at least assisting) the Kdenlive team

Julius Künzel jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space
Mon Apr 1 15:17:14 BST 2024

01.04.2024 14:22:46 Tomer Feiner <tomer.feiner at gmail.com>:

> hi! How do I I assist or join the development of Kdenlive? Especially in regards to the OCIO integration? I really think it's an important feature as it would really help accurately transfer between many colour transformation without the use of LUTs and effectively make professional colour grading and VFX work possible on the same level as many proprietary programs. Being able to take any major log format and colour space and convert it with perfect accuracy to linear ACES AP1 for transfer, or Rec 709, 2020 or 2100 for finishing. So I want to help make sure it's supported ASAP.
> Thanks a ton 🙏
Hi!

Thanks for reaching out! Help is always welcome!

Some instructions for the start can be found on https://kdenlive.org/en/developers-welcome/

It is especially recommended to join the development channel on Matrix https://go.kde.org/matrix/#/#kdenlive-dev:kde.org

For OpenColorIO in particular this needs to be implemented in Kdenlive's backend MLT. So you need to make yourself familiar with the MLT project and codebase https://mltframework.org/

Working on color pipeline related topics will really help the project as it is not  really the specialty of the current team.

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to your contribution!

Cheers,
Julius