Need for Callouts with Backgrounds in Kdenlive Title Clip Editor

Mehdi Haghgoo powergame_coder2 at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 11:40:24 BST 2023

Hi,

Kdenlive's Title Clip editor is quite powerful. You can create text, style it, resize it, add colored outline for it; Add boxes and ovals filled or outlined, which is nice.

However, the text callouts that can be created are limited. What if the user can add a text and choose a background for it (for only the text and not the whole screen), or support different styles of callouts (made up of complex paths and shapes) with text in them? This feature is needed to make creative educational videos, but is currently lacking in kdenlive.

I kindly request that this feature be added to the software if possible. If there are currently plans or undergoing working in this direction, please let me know as well.

Best,