Version 22.12.3 on linux: Updating title clip sometimes crashes kdenlive

Stub lahaye+kdenlive at g.skku.edu
Fri Mar 10 01:31:22 GMT 2023

Hello,

This happens rarely, but consistently: updating a title clip first freezes
kdenlive (no mouse interaction possible) and then eventually it crashes
(window disappears). When I restart, it offers me to recover from a
detected crash.

To me this feels like some kind of writing into out-of-range memory, maybe
a string starts expanding into critical memory.....

As I said, this is not easy to reproduce. It's that I'm now using kdelive
on a daily basis, many hours a day, that this happens once or twice a day.

I'm running kdenlive on an up-to-date linux Fedora 37.

-S.