Gamma Shift on Mac

Sean Daugherty beastmodeswag37legend at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:06:24 BST 2023

Howdy,

This is Sean Daugherty. I recently started using Kdenlive to edit my
videos. I am on a Mac. I really like all the features available as well as
how easy it is to use! My latest video I'm pretty much done editing, but
there's one problem: the colors look washed out and less saturated upon
uploading to Kdenlive. Please note, the issue is NOT from Kdenlive to
export which is what most people have with video editors. Upon uploading to
kdenlive the colors in the clips look washed out. Then when I render the
video it has the same washed out colors as it did in the editor.

I had tried Davinci Resolve before and had the exact same problem. After
extensive research and watching videos it still didn't work. So I went back
to using iMovie on my phone to edit videos but it just wasn't as good as
using an actual video editor. Someone recommended Kdenlive. I was hoping I
wouldn't have the same problem, but apparently this is a Mac thing that
happens with all video editors. I tried using the color contrast special
effect and turning everything up to 1.000 and it seemed to help, but it
still just doesn't look as good at the original clips before uploading
them. Anything else I might try?

Thank you,
Sean Daugherty