Request to Use the Name "Kdenlive" in My Android App

camille.moulin at free.fr camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Feb 23 17:39:57 GMT 2023

Dear Sir,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue.

The name "kdenlive" and the playhead logo are indeed trademarks of KDE e.V., which looks after the interests of affiliated KDE projects, such as Kdenlive.

The use of  the name "kdenlive" for another application, especially in the field of video editing would be a clear trademark infringement, and would cause undeniable damage to the kdenlive project.

We therefore kindly but firmly ask you to choose another name for your application.

Best regards,

Camille Moulin, on behalf of the Kdenlive core team