Sphinx Application Documentation - Image duplication

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Feb 18 22:16:16 GMT 2023

On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 1:47 AM Julius Künzel <jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space>
wrote:

> Hi!

Hi Julius,

> as the situation especially with Kritas file structre for translated
> images is not as simple, as initially thought, we added rdfind to the
> pipelines today to iterate over all files and create symlinks for those
> with duplicates. This seems to be a simple and powerful solution.
>
> Ben, out of curiosity, can you tell us the new sizes of the websites on
> the server?

It has worked excellently:

root at nicoda /srv/www/generated # du -h --max-depth=1 | grep docs
5.0M    ./sysadmin-docs.kde.org
1.6G    ./docs.digikam.org
2.3G    ./docs.krita.org
7.9G    ./docs.kdenlive.org

root at nicoda /srv/www/generated # du -h --max-depth=1 | grep docs
5.0M    ./sysadmin-docs.kde.org
1.6G    ./docs.digikam.org
1.3G    ./docs.krita.org
4.1G    ./docs.kdenlive.org

The vast majority of the size now is due to the *.epub files shipped by
Sphinx, which from what I understand have to contain a copy of everything
and cannot be universal (ie. must be per language)

> Cheers,
> Julius

Cheers,
Ben