FW: Clipchamp

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 20:47:06 GMT 2023

On Thursday, 16 February 2023 19:51:08 CET Narcis Garcia wrote:
> Hello Jamie and Evert;
>
> General Public License (GPL) does not make a software "free as in beer"
> but "free as in freedom".
> Kdenlive application download & use is not charged by Kdenlive project
> and official website, where it is publicly available, but this fact has
> no relation with GPL. It's a Kdenlive project decision.
>
> FOSS can be sold and buyed, but can't be restricted if anyone wants to
> share it for free (no money).

Minor correction, Narcis: you **can** sell GPLed software no problem. What the
GPL restricts is the terms under which you distribute the software (either by
selling it or giving it away: You must distribute it under the same terms it
was shared with you. I.e. you must provide access to the source code and give
the same rights that we granted to you.

Regards

Paul
--