FW: Clipchamp

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:13:58 GMT 2023

Hi there!

Kdenlive is licensed under the GPL.
This makes it free to obtain & use, even in a corporate setting.

There are no restrictions on the output of Kdenlive as well.

Where it gets a little murky is if you decide to charge for training on
Kdenlive, which you legally could.
You can also charge for the medium that you distribute the program on, but
you can never charge for the software itself, as the aim of the GPL is to
keep the software free.

There should be no licensing concerns whatsoever, however to put your mind
completely at rest you should talk to an actual lawyer or your legal
department if you have one.

Kind regards,
-Evert-
Evert Vorster