Severe attenuation of preview audio (but rendered audio is okay)

Mark Emerson Subscriptions.4 at MarkEmerson.org
Tue Apr 25 19:49:09 BST 2023

Eugen,

Thank you very much, but this did not solve the problem.

When I execute 23.04.0, I get a message, "Unable to create KIO worker.
Can not find a KIO worker for protocol 'tags'."

I clicked OK and it continued into the editor. There, I brought in an
audio file, mp3, and played it. It was inaudible until I cranked up the
OS volume to full, and even then it was rather soft. Unlike before, I
was unable to find any Preview volume control, which disappeared from
the Playback menu in settings. Why no playback volume control?

Mark