Can we begin the process of integration with natron?

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Sun May 8 14:51:40 BST 2022

On Sunday, 8 May 2022 15:11:02 CEST Narcis Garcia wrote:
> El 8/5/22 a les 15:07, Paul Brown ha escrit:
> > On Friday, 6 May 2022 17:37:02 CEST Zeke Williams wrote:
> >> I think advertising natron on kdenlive.org is the simplest solution for
> >> the
> >> time being as well as bundling natron with kdenlive when downloaded.
> >
> > Have you folks contacted the current Natron maintainers?
> >
> > It may be the right thing to do, don't you think? (a) you would not come
> > over as appropriating their project, and (b) you may be able to enlist
> > their cooperation.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul
>
> Have you done this all conversation at Natron community too?
> What feedback you got?
> Are Natron administrators thinking in this subject?

As far as I can see, I don't think this conversation as included the natron
people at all, not the community nor the maintainers. The correct thing is
that, if you are all in agreement, now is the moment to do that and you can't
really proceed until you have talked to them and arrived to some sort of
consensus.

If you don't do that, if you go ahead ignoring Natron's community and
maintainers, I guarantee there will be bad blood between both projects and
that will make progress complicated and not fun.

--
Promotion & Communication

www: http://kde.org
Mastodon: https://mastodon.technology/@kde