Kdenlive corruption and rendering crashes

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 15:23:03 BST 2022

Hi Eric and thanks for your contributions, they have been great!

Em sáb., 16 de jul. de 2022 às 18:17, Eric Jiang <erjiang at alumni.iu.edu>
escreveu:

> Hi all,
> I've been looking over the bugs filed against Kdenlive in Bugzilla and
> Gitlab, and also at user questions on Reddit. I've been seeing two big
> areas where Kdenlive is unreliable and giving many users, especially
> new users, a negative experience:
>
> * Rendering crashes: rendering crashes every time at x% or near the end

I have never experienced the rendering crashes and I use it quite a lot. I
wonder if this could be related to the OS. Although yes there have been
reports upstream about this as well:
https://github.com/mltframework/mlt/issues/786#issuecomment-1191533954

* Project corruption: when a project is reopened, there is a missing
> producer and/or edits are shuffled around and work is lost
>
> I've personally experienced project corruption multiple times.
> Unfortunately, neither of these problems are easy to reproduce or come
> with a stacktrace.
>
> Has anyone looked into these issues in the past and maybe knows what
> the causes might be? Hoping that we already have some insight into
> what's happening and next steps.

Ever since the code refactoring I have never experienced a project
corruption where clips get shuffled around upon reopening. But I've have
some messages about missing producers, I think it is related to the
same-track transitions. I think JB worked on a fix for this.

> Eric

Cheers

--
1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439