Always hanging after playing for ~ 1-2 seconds for a moment

B.M. b-misc at gmx.ch
Tue Feb 15 13:52:29 GMT 2022

Hello

I have the following "problem":
When starting "play", after 1 - 2 seconds the monitor (clip or project,
doesn't matter) hangs for a short period of time, maybe 0.5 seconds. If I go
back and start playing at the same position again, it plays fine. If I then
modify the timeline in this section, the hanging re-appears. I assume some
kind of machine / caching problem?
I see this behaviour since several years and many versions of kdenlive and
never asked here; but maybe someone has an idea?

Background:

Kdenlive: 21.12.2 (Appimage)
MLT: 7.5.0
Qt: 5.14.2 (built against 5.14.2 x86_64-little_endian-lp64)
Frameworks: 5.81.0
System: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel: linux 5.10.0-11-amd64
CPU: x86_64
Windowing System: xcb
Movit (GPU): disabled
Track Compositing: frei0r.cairoblend

KDE plasma
15.3 GiB RAM
4 x I5-4570 @ 3.2 Ghz
Intel HD Graphics 4600

4K-Video using proxy clips (mjpeg format, f=avi vcodec=mjpeg progressive=1
qscale=1)

Thank you for any input :-)

Best,
Bernd