Suggestions for locked on stab effect

Arkengheist arkengheist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 09:30:31 GMT 2021

Hello!

I recently discovered this "locked-on stabilization" effect, which
basically has an object in the center that doesn't move while the rest of
the image does. I attempted to recreate it, and succeeded, here's what I
made: https://youtu.be/SIFxrArxI7s.

The thing is, to make this, I first used Motion tracking, copied the data
and used the most adapted software known to man: a spreadsheet... I
basically formatted the data into columns and lines for positions and
dimensions for each frame, and then I modified the coordinates in a second
page (basically new x = old x1 - old x, with x1 the first coordinate, and x
a x position), copied that, and input it into a Transform effect (and
zoomed in a little with a Composite transition).

While it worked fine, the formatting takes a few steps, so I was wondering
if it was possible to implement this effect into kdenlive. I'm pretty sure
it wouldn't be too difficult, i think you would just need a short program
to modify the data (but then again, I'm not sure how the motion tracking
effect works in the first place). It could be either added in the current
motion tracker, and with a second button to copy the "stab" data, or
another, i'm not sure what's the best way.

All the best,
Roxane

PS: I wasn't sure where to send this, I hope this was a good option