Registering frei0r plugin.

Andre Caldas andre.em.caldas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:29:42 BST 2021

> The frei0r effects have to be added to  /usr/lib/frei0r-1

I am following this:
https://frei0r.dyne.org/codedoc/html/group__pluglocations.html

And melt can find it just fine. I think it is great that one can
install plugins locally. :-)

> The xml UI has to be written as described at the link you told me:
> https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/tree/master/data/effects
> and it has to be added to /usr/share/kdenlive/effects/

>From the same link:
"Kdenlive parses the effect folder at each startup, so that if you
have an XML file describing a new effect, just copy it to your
~/.kde/share/apps/kdenlive/effects/ folder and restart Kdenlive to
enable the new effect."

I have seen videos where people say that you have to install it system
wide. I have never tested locally, but I am very reluctant. :-)

> [...] I can tell you that something similar already exists.
> It's the frei0r.bgsubtractor which is now blacklisted
>[...] Actually, this effect works pretty well, and it could be used for achieving your goal.

This is really great news!

> The issue is that it takes the “reference” frame automatically,

Is this the reason it is "blocked"?

> [...] It could be fixed if we can set the “reference” by using
> a frame in the clip through an absolute position .

I will try to fix it, then.
Does anyone know if the "keyframe" parameter has a working GUI?

> I've reported this issue here https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive/-/issues/350
> but nobody has tried to fix it yet so far.
> Maybe you can go forward with your effect and/or try to edit the
> frei0r.bgsubtractor too and make it finally work.
> This second option could be really great news.

Some 20 years ago, I would go with my own solution. I will try to fix
the bgsubtractor. I will try to figure which project it belongs to, so
I can clone the repo.

André Caldas.
--
- Por que altera a ordem natural da conversação!
- Por que não?