3 crucial Kdenlive Bugs / feature request

Adrián Fok diamondtheta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 05:16:09 GMT 2020

Dear Kdenlive users / programmers!

Please forward these 3 VERY IMPORTANT bugs / feature requests to the
developers!:

1.:
The *timeline zooming* in-out went wrong after upgrading to Kedenlive
20.08.2. Before with kdenlive 18 it was cool, but now *if* I change to the
"cut" tool and after I zoom in and out it goes to very different positions
than my actual cursor or selection line is. Earlier it always followed the
selection line but now it wasted hours of time on a long project (searching
always back to where is the selection line with mouse wheel on the
timeline)! :(

*2.*
+ There is an option for copy and paste only the effects, but it only
pastes as an addition. So if I have many transformation sizeing effect on
TONS of clips, and I want to modify ALL, I can NOT do this in bulk (only
just with one by one) because there is NO "delete all effects" or "*delete
effecs from MULTIPLE clips*" option, so PLEASE make one! That would be a
really easy function to implement but VERY useful, it could save HOURS of
robotic work ALL the time, because without this the "paste effects" is not
really useful neither if you already have effect on a clip!

*3. *
Now I see new "*info bubble popups when hoovering*" over the clips in
timeline, what seems to popup always ALL the time and not just on the clip
what I selected and NOT just on the clips what I hoover the mouse over! AND
it makes clips impossible to really click and select because I can only
click on the bubbles first what bubbles are covering about 95% of the
clips, and what contains the length or duration of starting-ending times..
I really don't need ANY information popups on clips, please make these be
able to turn OFF in options at least! They are very annoying, I cannot
select clips as was normal in 18 also so it also wastes lot of time! :(

Maybe someone from
https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/kdenlive
could make a report about these here also to be fixed (I dont know how this
kdenlive inventing page is working so please help)!

+ I love kdenlive, and only using this and want to only use this as my
video editor in the future also! :)

So,
Thanks much! :)
Adrian