Bad preview of 4k video

Mehdi Haghgoo powergame_coder2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 28 16:45:35 BST 2020

Thanks Evert, I have not used proxies, but as I understand from your comment, it would not do much good for me here.
One more thing Camille, do you mean MLT does make zero use of GPU for video processing? If so, this seems quite a drawback, but then adding GPU might be extra work on different platforms like mobile, Desktop, etc. because of different GPU architectures.  Any thoughts?

- mehdi

  On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 19:18, Evert Vorster<evorster at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi there, Mehdi.
To second Camille's suggestion, the first thing to try would be to lower the preview resolution. This setting does not affect the rendered video, but does provide a much smoother editing experience on older hardware. When editing 4K footage on my machine, I use a resolution of 540p for my monitor. This is near VHS quality, if you are old enough to remember that format.
Proxies are lower resolution copies of your original footage that Kdenlive can create automatically, and represents another level of smoothing of the editing process on older hardware. Unfortunately proxies create all sorts of problems in Kdenlive. Drawbacks include extra disk space used as well as the time it takes to generate. For your own sanity, please avoid using proxies if you can.
Kind regards,Evert Vorster
Awesome Chapters Tourshttp://www.awesomechapters.comTel: +264 (0) 811477690